This vegan Creamy Lemon Spinach Risotto recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional risotto. It is made with a flavorful combination of lemon juice, spinach, garlic, vegetable broth, and risotto rice. The dish is easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion, making it a great option for dinner parties or family meals. It is a hearty and filling dish that is perfect for vegans or anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet.
1. Make sure that all of your ingredients are ready to go before you start. Chop the onion, garlic and slide the mushrooms in quarters. Mix the teaspoons of vegetable stock with the boiling water in a separate bowl. Now you can start.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the saucepan medium heat. Now you can add the chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the rice and toss it with the butter and onion. Cook it until the grains begin to color, this takes roughly 3 minutes. Optionally you can add a bit of white wine (sorry, we don’t supply this in your Happie bag!)
4. Begin to add the broth (vegetable stock) bit by bit. Add a bit and stir around until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Then you can add another bit of broth. Add the spinach and stir occasionally.
5. The rice is ready when it is al dente (try it occasionally), at least no more than 20 minutes. Now you can add two tablespoons of nutritional yeast and juice of half the lemon. You can add a bit of last broth and stir it around
This dish is best enjoyed immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. It's important to let the risotto cool down to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container and placing it in the refrigerator.
Did you know that risotto has been tantalizing taste buds for over 600 years? Back in the day, it was a dish reserved for the elite Italian families due to the high cost of rice imported from Asia. But now, we can all indulge in this creamy, satisfying dish! Whether you're enjoying it as a vegan creamy lemon spinach risotto or with other traditional ingredients like mushrooms and Parmesan cheese, it's easy to see why risotto has stood the test of time as a beloved Italian delicacy!