This recipe is perfect for a summer evening. We all know the Carpaccio from Italy but this time it will be a vegan edition! This evening it will be a healthy salad with fried aubergine, juicy tomatoes and a lemony dressing
Tomato Carpaccio with Eggplant
eggplant, cut into cubes
- 2-3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lemon, use a little grated zest and all of the juice
small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
¼ tsp cumin
Salt, pepper, olive oil, honey or sugar
Vegetables, Fruit & Herbs
Boil quinoa in 4dl salted water on low for about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool down.
- Cut the aubergines into cubes, chop the onion and the garlic. Finely cut the parsley.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Stir fry the aubergines for about 10-15 minutes, until soft and golden. Add the pine nuts, onion and garlic, season with salt, pepper and cumin, stir fry for approx. 5 minutes.
Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and honey (or sugar) in a bowl, mix in the aubergines and half of the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and arrange them on a plate. Season with salt, some lime juice and olive oil. Top with the aubergines.
Mix 1 tbsp olive oil and the remaining parsley with the quinoa. Enjoy together with the salad.