It really doesn’t get much fresher than this. We love this light salad with couscous, green beans, tomatoes, and a lemony dressing!
Couscous salad with green beans
It really doesn’t get much fresher than this. We love this light salad with couscous, green beans, tomatoes and a lemony dressing!
green beans, trimmed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 panicle cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ bunch finely chopped fresh parsley
- Trim and wash the green beans. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Boil green beans in slightly salted water until tender (about 10 mins). Add dried tomatoes for the last 3 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
Bring 200 ml of slightly salted water to boil, stir in the couscous and remove the pot from the stove. Cover and leave for about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Chop dried tomatoes, spring onion, parsley, and halve cherry tomatoes.
Roast the pine nuts in a pan without oil until golden.
To make the dressing, whisk 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ lemon juice, and salt & pepper to taste in a small jug. Mix dressing with all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy.
- Many vegetables can be eaten raw, green beans are an exception! Whether frozen or fresh - they contain a toxic, hard-to-digest protein compound that is largely destroyed only when heated. Make sure to cook your green beans for around 10 minutes.
- Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber.